Make a backup of the user and registry databases of AS 5.2.1
Make a backup of
<AS_HOME_5.2.1>folder to backup the product configurations.
Download WSO2 Application Server 5.3.0 from http://wso2.com/products/application-server/.
There are no registry and user database schema changes between AS 5.2.1 and 5.3.0. Therefore, you do not need to do any database schema migration.
You should NOT connect a new version of WSO2 AS to an older database that has not been upgraded.
Migrating the configurations
The following topics explain the configuration changes that needs need to be updated for AS 5.3.0:
- Create a new database for AS 5.3.0 and restore the backup of the old database in this new database.
- To connect AS 5.3.0 to the upgraded database, configure the following files:
<AS_HOME_5.3.0>/repository/conf/datasources/masterdatasources.xmlfile as shown in the following example:
<datasource> user manager</description> <name>WSO2_CARBON_DB</name> <description>The datasource used for registry and <jndiConfig> <name>jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</name> </jndiConfig> <definition type="RDBMS"> <configuration> <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/<new_database></url> <username>username</username> <password>password</password> <driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverClassName> <maxActive>80</maxActive> <maxWait>60000</maxWait> <minIdle>5</minIdle> <testOnBorrow>true</testOnBorrow> <validationQuery>SELECT 1</validationQuery> <validationInterval>30000</validationInterval> </configuration> </definition> </datasource>
Go to the
<AS _HOME_5.3.0>/repository/conf/directory and update the datasource references in the
registry.xmlfiles to match the updated configurations in the
masterdatasources.xmlfile. The following are sample configurations if the datasource is “jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB”:
<dbConfig name="wso2registry"> <dataSource>jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</dataSource> </dbConfig>
<UserManager> <Realm> <Configuration> ... <Property name="dataSource">jdbc/WSO2CarbonDB</Property> </Configuration> ... </Realm> </UserManager>
- Data Services features are services feature is no longer shipped with WSO2 Application Server. If you need to use the data services hosting feature, you have two options:
Install the Data Services hosting feature in AS from the public p2-repo. <link to p2-repo>. See Installing Features for instructions.
Use the WSO2 Data Services Server product which can be downloaded from http://wso2.com/products/data-services-server/. See the About this Release page to check if the latest WSO2 DSS is compatible with the current AS version.
- The configurations for SaaS web applications has changed in AS 5.3.0. In previous releases, SaaS configurations were enabled in the
web.xmlfile of the web application by adding a context-param called
carbon.enable.saas. In AS 5.3.0, SaaS is configured via the
context.xmlfile that needs to be placed under the
META-INF/folder of the web application. See the more details about configuring SaaS applications in AS 5.3.0 from here.
Prior to AS 5.3.0, the primary keystore configured in the
carbon.xmlfile was used for securing transports. In AS 5.3.0, the keystore used for transports should be separately configured in the
The “RegistryKeyStore” configuration in
carbon.xmlis removed. See the section on configuring keystores for more information.
- Check for any other configurations that were done for AS 5.2.1 (based on your solutions), and update the configuration files in AS 5.3.0 accordingly. For example, external user stores, caching, mounting, etc.
To migrate the super tenant’s artifacts, copy the
<AS_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/directory from AS 5.2.1 to AS 5.3.0.
If you are using multitenancy, copy the
<AS_HOME>/repository/tenantsdirectory from AS 5.2.1 to AS 5.3.0.
Since the Axis2 Quality of Services UI to apply policies such security has been removed from the management console, users need to use alternative mechanisms and apply the policies for their services. For Axis2 AAR services, the policies can be applied through the services.xml. Refer <link to page on how to apply QoS configuration if any> for more details.
In AS 5.3.0, it is not possible to globally engage modules using the management console. Therefore, you need to update the
axis2.xmlfile in the
<AS_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2directory as shown below. You can find more information on engaging modules for axis2 services from here.
<axisconfig name="AxisJava2.0"> <module ref=”addressing”/> .... </axisconfig>
- When the database upgrade scripts are executed, the following are some of the new tables that will be created in the database:
- Verify that all the required scenarios are working as expected as shown below. This confirms that the upgrade is successful.
Start the AS 5.3.0 server instance once the configurations are done.
Make sure that the server starts up fine without any errors.
- Test the deployed artifacts:
Log in to the management console as the super tenant.
Navigate to Main -> Applications -> List.
Verify the web application list shown there.
Invoke a web application to verify that it works.
Then, navigate to Main -> Services -> List.
Verify the services list shown there.
Invoke a service to verify that it works.
Then, navigate to Main -> Carbon Applications -> List.
- Verify the CApp list shown there.
Verify that the Users and Roles are picked up:
Navigate to Configure -> Accounts & Credentials -> Users and Roles
Verify that the list of users and roles are shown correctly.
- View the permissions of a chosen role, and make sure that the permissions are correct.
If you are using multitenancy,
log Log in to the management console using the super tenant credentials.
Navigate to Configure -> View Tenants.
Verify the tenant list shown there.
- Then, log in to the system as a tenant and make sure that the log in is successful.