- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.8* or OpenJDK 8 compliant.7/1.8 compliant. Also, OpenJDK is not recommended or supported.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
On a production deployment, it is recommended that WSO2 products are installed on latest releases of RedHat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu Server LTS.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Environments Tested with WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product on a specific platform or with a database, please contact us.