- Once you log into the Identity Server, navigate to the Configure tab Main menu in the Management Console, click click Add under Users and Roles.
- Click Users. This link is only visible to users with the Admin role.
- Click Add New User. When adding a new user, use an email address as the username.
- Navigate back to the Configure tab Main menu in the Management Console and click and click Add under Users and Roles.
- Click Roles. This link is only visible to users with the Admin role.
- Click Add New Role.
When adding a new role, do the following.
- In the Domain list, specify the user store where you want to create this role. In this case, use the default user store that comes with the Identity Server.
- Enter a unique name for this role. Use Force here for example.
- Click Next.
- Select the permissions you want users with this role to have. Note that when you assign this role to a user, you can override the role's permissions and customize them for the user. For our example, providing login permissions should suffice.
- Click Next.
- Select the existing users you want to have this role. You can also assign this role to users later, but if you are creating this role in an external user store that does not allow empty roles, you must assign it to at least one user. You can search for a user by name, or view all users by entering
*in the search field. In this case, select the user with the username as the email address that you created earlier.
- Click Finish.
- Log back into your Salesforce developer account.
- On the left navigation pane, click Users under Manage Users.
- On the page that appears, click the New User button to create a new user.
- Create a user with the same credentials as the one you created in the Identity Server. Click Save to save your changes. An email will be sent to the email address you provided for the user.
- Logout Log out of Salesforce and log back in using the newly created user's credentials sent via the email.
- Set the password to the same value you had in the Identity Server and log out again.
- Access you your Salesforce login URL. For this example, the Salesforce login URL is . You are directed to the Identity Server login screen.
- Log in using the new credentials of the user you just created. You are then redirected back to Salesforce.