Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 1 GB minimum, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.8.* compliant. We do not recommend or support OpenJDK.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- WSO2 CEP does not support SunOS 5.10 and IBM AIX. For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
The following applications are required for running the Complex Event Processor or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
Do not use JDK1.8.0_151 due to a known issue. This issue is fixed in JDK 1.8.0_162-ea. However, use JDK 1.8.0_144 until the latter mentioned version is released.
- IBM JDK/JRE 1.7 and 1.8 are supported when running (not building) WSO2 products.
- We do not recommend OpenJDK.
|Git||Required to check out the source from the Git repository.||1.9.0 or later|
|To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required). If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.|
WSO2 CEP does not support Internet Explorer browser.
- Firefox 39.0
- Firefox 40.0.3
- Chrome 43.0.2357.125
- Chrome 45.0.2454.93
- Safari 8.0.7
To deploy WSO2 CEP in a distributed mode.
If you want to run custom extensions in the CEP distributed deployment with Apache Storm, edit the dependencies in the
<CEP_HOME>/samples/utils/storm-dependencies-jar/pom.xml file accordingly, and build only this
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: