Follow the procedure below to add a UI event publisher using the Management Console. For detailed information on creating publishers, see Configuring CEP to Create Alerts.
- Log into the CEP Management Console. In the Main tab, click Publishers to open the Available Event Publishers page.
- Click Add Event Publisher to open the Create a New Event Publisher page.
- Enter a unique name for the UI publisher in the Event Publisher Name parameter.
Select the relevant stream for the Event Source parameter.
An event stream should be defined before you define the publisher. Chart rendering problems could occur in browser if event streams receive events at high throughput.
- Select ui for the Output Event Adapter Type parameter.
The following image is an example of a UI event publisher configuration.
Continue to add properties as instructed in the Configuring adapter properties section.
Configuring adapter properties
Follow the procedure below to add properties to a UI event publisher.
- In the Mapping Configuration section, select the relevant message format for the Message Format parameter.
- In the Output Event Stream parameter, enter the name of the stream which will be exposed to an external system by the publisher.
- In the Output Event Version parameter, enter the version of the stream you entered in the Output Event Stream parameter.
- Click Add Event Publisher to save the changes.
The adapter will be able to send events via the specified WebSocket or HTTP endpoint. An endpoint to send outgoing events will be available on the following URLs.