Roles contain permissions for users to manage the Server. You can create different roles with various combinations of permissions and assign them to a user or a group of users. Through the management console, you can also edit and delete an existing user role.
Table of Contents
Adding a User Role
Instructions to create, edit and delete user roles through the Management Console of WSO2 Carbon products.
In addition to creating users manually, user information stored in a CSV or Excel file can be imported in bulk to a user store configured in your WSO2 product. This possibility is only available if you have a JDBC user store configured for your product.
Note the following before you use this feature:
Creating a file with usersusers
You must first create a CSV file or an Excel file with the user information. It is possible to import the username and password directly from the CSV/Excel to the product. Other user attributes can be imported only if claim URls are defined for such attributes in the product. For example, consider that you have claim URls defined for your product as shown below. These will allow you to import the user's email address, full name, last name, given name and role in addition to the username and password.
The username, password and other attributes (claim URls) that you import should be given in a CSV file as shown below. Note that the first line of the file will not be imported considering that it is not a username.
Importing users from the CSV/Excel file
To import users in bulk:
- Log in to the management console of your WSO2 product.
- Click Add under Users and Roles in the Configure menu.
- In the Add Users and Roles screen, click Bulk Import Users.
- The user stores configured for your product will be listed in the Domain field. Select the user store to which you want to import the users from the list.
- Click Choose File to give the path to the CSV/Excel file that contains the users that you want to import.
- Click Finish to start importing.
The default password of the imported users is valid only for 24 hours. As the system administrator, you can resolve issues of expired passwords by logging in as the Admin and changing the user's password from the User Management -> Users page. The 'Everyone' role will be assigned to the users by default.