Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 4 GB
- Heap size around 512MB is generally sufficient.
- Requirements may vary with larger message sizes and on the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 1 GB, excluding space allocated for log files and Databases.
- More space will be utilized at runtime for temporary files, server logs etc.
Also, we do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is JDK 7 or 8 compliant.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development, testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments, however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information, see Working with Databases in the Product Administration Guide. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database as a user store.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to scalability issues. Instead, use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the product and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
|Download Links|| |
Installation prerequisites of WSO2 products.