- On the Main tab in the management console, click Add under Users and Roles.
- Click Roles. This link is only visible to users with Security level permissions role. By default, the admin user has this permission enabled. For more information on permissions, see Role-based Permissions.
- Click Add New Role. The following screen appears:
- Do the following:
- In the Domain list, specify the user store where you want to create this role. This list includes the primary user store and any other secondary user stores that are configured for your product. For information on on how user stores (which are repositories storing information about users and roles) are set up and configured, see Configuring User Stores.
- Enter a unique name for this role.
- Click Next.
- Select the permissions that you want users with this role to have. For more information on permissions, see Role-based Permissions.
Note that when you assign this role to a user, you can override the role's permissions and customize them for the user.
- Select the existing users to whom this role should be assigned. You can also assign this role to users later, but if you are creating this role in an external user store that does not allow empty roles, you must assign it to at least one user. You can search for a user by name, or view all users by entering
*in the search field.
- Click Finish.