Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 180 MB, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.7.*/1.8* compliant. Also, we do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
- WSO2 ML is generally compatible with MySQL and H2 DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the Machine Learner and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
1.7 or later / 1.8.*
Do not use JDK1.8.0_151 due to a known issue. This issue is fixed in JDK 1.8.0_162-ea. However, use JDK 1.8.0_144 until the latter mentioned version is released.
We do not recommend OpenJDK as we do not support it or test our products with it.
- To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required). If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: