Log in to the Management Console and click Add under Users and Roles in the Main menu.
Click Add New User.
The Add User page opens. Provide the username and password and click Next.
Tip: The Domain drop-down list contains all user stores configured in the system. By default, you only have the PRIMARY user store. To configure secondary user stores, see Configuring Secondary User Stores.
Select the roles you want to assign to the user. In this example, we assign the
creatorrole defined in the previous section.
By default, all WSO2 products have the following roles configured:
- Admin - Provides full access to all features and controls. By default, the admin user is assigned to both the Admin and the Everyone roles.
- Internal/Everyone - Every new user is assigned to this role by default. It does not include any permissions.
- Internal/System - This role is not visible in the Management Console.
More roles There may be other roles configured by default , depending on the type of features installed in your product.
Click Click Finish to to complete.
The new use user appears in the the Users list.
list. You can change the user's password, assign it different roles or delete it.
You cannot change the user name of an existing user.
Accessing the Admin
The Admin application Dashboard is intended to be used by API Manager admins. The admin user has a special permissions specified in , the
/permission/admin/manage/apim_admin directory. If a new user needs to access the admin applicationdashboard, follow the steps below:
- Create a user.
- Create a new role. For more information, see Adding User Roles.
- For Assign the following permissions to the new role created in step 2 above, assign permissions you just created:
- Assign the role created in step 2, to the user created in step 1.
Now this user would be is able to login and perform administrative tasks using the admin applicationAdmin Dashboard.