Before you begin, download the metadata XML file that allows you to set the identity cloud configuration details in any third-party application without having to key them in.
Entity ID and Endpoints fields are used when configuring Salesforce in WSO2 Identity Cloud. (see step 7 in the Configure WSO2 Identity Cloud for SSO with Salesforce section.)
Configuring WSO2 Identity Cloud for SSO with Salesforce
- Log into WSO2 Identity Cloud.
Click the menu icon on the top, left corner of the screen.
- Click Applications from the Admin Portal to navigate to the Application list.
- Click ADD APPLICATION to add a Salesforce application.
- Select Salesforce icon.
- Enter an Application Name and click Add.
- Enter Issuer and Assertion Consumer URL and click Add. For these fields use Entity ID and Salesforce login URL respectively. (See Configure SSO in Salesforce, step 18)
- In Store Configuration, enter Display Name, Access URL (same as Issuer), and click Save.
The added Salesforce app is displayed in Identity Cloud/Applications page.
- Once the application is added, it is listed in User Portal. Click Go to User Portal at the top right corner of the page.
- Click the added Salesforce app.
Now you can access the Salesforce home page without having to sign in because you configured SSO between Salesforce and WSO2 Identity Cloud.