WSO2 IoT Server comes as a composition of three components namely broker, core, and analytics. All of these components are WSO2 Carbon based products. Following are the minimum system requirements to run all the IoT components.
- ~ 8 GB minimum (16 GB is recommended for a production environment.)
- ~ 1024 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 5 GB, excluding space allocated for log files, mobile applications, and databases.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is JDK 8 compliant. Also, we do not recommend or support OpenJDK.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development, testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments, however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information, see Working with Databases. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database as a user store.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to scalability issues. Instead, use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product on a specific platform or database, please contact us.
* Oracle Java Java SE Development Kit (JDK)
Oracle and IBM JRE 1.7 are
Do not use JDK1.8.0_151 due to a known issue. This issue is fixed in JDK 1.8
.0_162-ea. However, use JDK 1.8.0_144 until the latter mentioned version is released
Oracle 1.8 is also supported when running (not building) WSO2 products.
To enable the product's JMS transport and try out JMS samples if any. The ActiveMQ client libraries must be installed in the product's classpath before you can enable the JMS transport.
5.5.0 or later
If you use any other JMS provider (e.g., Apache Qpid), install any necessary libraries and/or components.
To compile and run the product samples.
1.7.0 or later
To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required).
You also need it to deploy the WSO2 IoT Server plugins.
If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
To checkout the source, in order to build the product from the source distribution.
- NOTE: On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.