Sign in to the WSO2 IoT Server device management console using alex as the username and alexuser as the password.
- Click Enroll New Device.
- Click iOS to enroll your device with WSO2 IoTS.
- Enroll the device.
- Click Enroll Device.
Scan the QR code and the Safari browser will display the IoT Server iOS enrollment screen.
After scanning the QR code you will be directed to a web page. When this page appears, the web browser will typically display an "insecure connection" message, which requires your confirmation before you can continue.
- Tap Install IoT Server Certificate. The iOS devices need the root certificate to be downloaded to trust the server certificate.
The Install Profile screen appears. Tap Install.
Tip title Tip by Chris
If you are using iOS 10 with a self-signed certificate, do the following to mark it as a trusted certificate. This is required in iOS 10 because there is a change in how self-signed CA certificates are trusted by iOS devices from iOS 10 onwards.
- Open the Certificate Trust Settings found in Settings>General>About.
Enable full trust for the certificate related to WSO2 IoT Server.
- Tap the Skip Agent Installer link at the bottom of the screen.
- On the IoT Server Registration screen, enter your details:
- Username - Enter alex as the username.
- Password - Enter alexuser as the password.
- Domain - You don't need to enter the domain details for this scenario.
By default WSO2 IoT Server only supports the "bring your own device" (BYOD) registration process for the iOS platform.
Tap Log In.
After reading the End User License Agreement (EULA), tap I accept the terms.
Tap Install when prompted to install the carbon.super Profile Service.
A warning message appears to indicate that by installing the profile the IoT Server will remotely manage the iOS device. Tap Install.
Tap Trust to confirm that you are aware of the device being remotely managed by installing the profile.
After the profile is installed, click Done.
Upon the successful registration, the DEVICE ADDED confirmation appears.