If a user has several assigned roles, their permissions are added together.
Store in user store itself. Only users in that user store can assign to external roles in same user store.
Example: user_A can assign to role_A
user_B can't assign to role_A
Internal/everyone: This is a conceptual role that is used to group all the users (across the user stores) together. When you create a new user, automatically the user belongs to the Internal/everyone role.
Application Role: is a special case of internal roles, these are created for a single service provider (SP) application and only users in this role canmange can manage relevant SP application.
|Table of Contents|
|Table of Content Zone|
Update before the first startup (recommended)
You can change the default role names (
Update after the product is used for sometime some time (advanced configuration)
If you have already updated the role names before the first startup of the product, these steps are not necessary. The following steps guide you through updating the role names after you have used the product for some time.
- On the Main tab in the Management Console, click List under Users and Roles.
- Click Roles. This link is only visible to users with the Admin role. The following screen appears.
You can search for users by doing the following.
- Select the user store that the role resides in using the Select Domain dropdown drop-down.
- Enter the role name of the role and click Search Roles. For roles to be listed, you must use the exact name of the role, or use a use a role name pattern by including *. For example, if you have a role named Manager, you can either search for this role by searching for "Manager", or you could search for "Ma*" to list out all the role with names beginning with "Ma".
- The role is displayed in the list.