- Go to Github page.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, and then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, under Developer settings, click Personal access tokens under Developer settings.
- Click Generate new token.
- Give your token a descriptive name and Select , select the scopes , or permissions , that you 'd like want to grant this token. To use your token to access repositories from the command line, select repository.
Then Click , select the respository, and click Generate token.
- Click "the Copy Token" icon to copy the token to your clipboard. For security reasons, after you navigate off the page, you will not be able to see the token again.
You now have an access token to
invoke the Github API.