Properties provide the means of accessing various types of information regarding a message that passes through the WSO2 Enterprise Integrator(WSO2 EI)the ESB profile. You can also use properties to control the behaviour of WSO2 EI on behavior of the ESB profile on a given message. Following are the types of properties you can use:
- Generic Properties: Allow you to configure messages as they're processed by the WSO2 EIthe ESB profile, such as marking a message as out-only (no response message will be expected), adding a custom error message or code to the message, and disabling WS-Addressing headers.
- HTTP Transport Properties: Allow you to configure how the HTTP transport processes messages, such as forcing a 202 HTTP response to the client so that it stops waiting for a response, setting the HTTP status code, and appending a context to the target URL in RESTful invocations.
- SOAP Headers: Provide information about the message, such as the To and From values.
- Axis2 Properties: Allow you to configure the web services engine in WSO2 EIthe ESB profile, such as specifying how to cache JMS objects, setting the minimum and maximum threads for consuming messages, and forcing outgoing HTTP/S messages to use HTTP 1.0.
- Synapse Message Context Properties: Allow you to get information about the message, such as the date/time it was sent, the message format, and the message operation.