WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) tooling provides capabilities of a complete Eclipse-based development environment for WSO2 EI.
|Java Runtime Environment/JDK|
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 1.8 or later.
By default, some MacOS versions are shipped with JDK 1.9, which will not be compatible with WSO2 EI Tooling. Hence, you need to override it by installing Oracle JDK 1.8 and updating the folder path of the JDK 1.8 distribution in the Eclipse distribution.
For example, if you are using MacOS High Sierra (Version 10.13.4) with Oracle JDK 1.8.0_151, add the following properties to the
|Java Heap Memory||2 GB (Minimum)|
|Processor||2 GHz Core 2 Duo (Minimum)|
|Disk Space||Approximately 1 GB|
|Tested Operating Systems||MacOS High Sierra|
Install WSO2 EI Tooling with pre-packaged Eclipse
This method uses a complete plug-in installation with pre-packaged Eclipse so that you do not have to install Eclipse separately.
All you need to do is download the distribution based on your operating system, extract, and run it. For earlier versions, click More Resources and then click Previous Releases.
Getting an error message? See the troubleshooting tips given under Troubleshooting.
Update WSO2 EI Tooling
To get the latest updates for your WSO2 EI Tooling:
- Start WSO2 EI Tooling, which you installed.
- When the tool opens, go to Developer Studio -> Check for Updates. The following diagram illustrates this process in a MacOS.
- Then, select the required updates and click Install.
Follow the instructions given below, based on your OS, to resolve the errors you got and start using WSO2 EI tooling.
If you get an error message about the file being damaged or that you cannot open the file when you try to start Eclipse on a Mac, change the Mac security settings as described below.
- Go to System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, and then click the General tab.
- UnderAllow apps downloaded from, click Anywhere.
- Thereafter, start Eclipse by double-clicking the Eclipse icon and set your security settings back to the previous setting.
Try out the integration tutorials to start using WSO2 EI tooling.