WSO2 API Manager is a platform for creating, managing, consuming and monitoring APIs. It employs proven SOA best practices to solve a wide range of API management challenges such as API provisioning, API governance, API security and API monitoring. It combines some of the most powerful and mature components of the WSO2's state-of-the-art Carbon platform to deliver a smooth and end-to-end API management experience while catering to both API publisher and API consumer requirements.
WSO2 API Manager comprises of several modules.
- API Publisher: Define new APIs and manage them.
- API Store: Browse published APIs and subscribe to them.
- API Gateway: The underlying API runtime based on WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) 6.4.0
- API Key Manager: Performs key generation and key validation functionalities.
- API Traffic Manager: Performs rate limiting of API requests
For more information on WSO2 API Manager, see the overview in the WSO2 2.6.0 documentation and go to the product page on WSO2 API Manager on the WSO2 website.
What is new in this release
The WSO2 API Manager version 2.6.0 is the successor of version 2.5.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- WSO2 API-M Analytics based on WSO2 Stream Processor.
From WSO2 API-M 2.6.0 onwards, WSO2 API-M Analytics is now powered by WSO2 Stream Processor 4.3.0 instead of WSO2 Data Analytics Server.
- Support to download the Microgateway analytics report.
- Support for alert threshold configurations via the WSO2 API Manager Publisher and the store.
What has changed in this release
Removed features and functionalities
- Log Analyzer
Analyzing Logs with the Log Analyzer is removed from this release.
Deprecated features and functionalities
This release includes the following features/functionalities that were deprecated, which may be removed in a future release. To view previously deprecated features, see the About this Release page of the previous version.
Gateway Manager profilePrior to WSO2 API Manager 2.1.0, the Publisher and Gateway were required to be on two different cluster domains. However, from WSO2 API Manager 2.1.0 onwards, clustering is no longer a necessity because the Publisher can play the role of the Gateway Manager. Therefore, the Gateway Manager profile (
-Dprofile=gateway-manager)has now been deprecated as it is redundant.
When using the
-DSetupoption to create tables related to external databases automatically during server startup, the consent management component fails to get activated due to missing tables. Therefore, this feature has been deprecated.
Compatible WSO2 product versions
WSO2 API-M 2.6.0 is based on WSO2 Carbon 4.4.35 and is expected to be compatible with any of the WSO2 products that are based on any Carbon 4.4.x version, except when using WSO2 Identity Server as a Key Manager, you need to specifically use WSO2 Identity Server 5.7.0 when working with WSO2 API-M 2.6.0. If you get any compatibility issues, please contact team WSO2. For information on the third-party software required with API-M 2.6.0, see Installation Prerequisites. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For a list of fixed issues, refer to the following links.
- WSO2 API Manager 2.6.0 - Fixed Issues in the product-apim GitHub repository.
- WSO2 API Manager 2.6.0 - Fixed Issues in the carbon-apim GitHub repository.
For a list of known issues, refer to the following links.