Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
1 c5.large instance to run one WSO2 product instance.
Three WSO2 product instances can be run in 1 EC2 Extra-Large instance. Based on the I/O performance of the c5.large instance, it is recommended to run multiple instances in a larger instance (c5.xlarge).
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.7.*/1.8.* or OpenJDK 8 compliant.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. The embedded H2 database is suitable for development, testing, and some production environments. For most enterprise production environments, however, we recommend you use an industry-standard RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. For more information, see Working with Databases. Additionally, we do not recommend the H2 database as a user store.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to scalability issues. Instead, use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- To find out if this version of the product has issues running on your OS due to the JDK version, see Known Incompatibilities.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the API Manager and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
Apache ActiveMQ JMS Provider
5.5.0 or later
1.7.0 or later
On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.
Follow the steps below to launch API manager with IBM JDK.
- Go to <APIM_HOME>/repository/conf/security and open
Owasp.CsrfGuard.Carbon.propertiesin your text editor.
- Change the default
org.owasp.csrfguard.PRNG.Providerproperty value from
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: