Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical JMS messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- Disk space (for the database being used) will vary according to your requirements as messages are stored in the database.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 7/8 compliant. See the section on compatibility of WSO2 products for more information.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
- It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the Message Broker and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with an asterisk *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
JDK 7 or 8.
Some updates of JDK 1.8 (for example, JDK1.8.0_151) are affected by a known issue related to GZIP decoding. Until this issue is fixed, we recommend one of the following approaches:
- Use either JDK1.8.0_144 or JDK1.8.0_077 updates. We have verified that these versions are not affected by the known issue.
- Alternatively, you can disable GZIP decoding for your product by following the steps given below. This will ensure that your product is not affected by the known issue.
- Open the
catalina-server.xml file from the
compression parameter (under each of the connector configurations) to false as shown below:
- Restart the server.
Also, note that only 64-bit JDK can be used for WSO2 MB.
- To compile and run the product samples.
1.7.0 or later
- To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required). If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.