Follow the steps below to view traced message flows via the Jaeger UI.
To tune Jaeger for better performance, see Jaeger Performance Tuning Guide.
Before using the Jaeger UI, do the following:
- Download Jaeger and start it as mentioned in its Quick Start Guide before starting the ESB profile.
- Configure the ESB profile to publish data to Jaeger.
- Deploy the integration artifacts (with tracing enabled) in the ESB and start the ESB profile.
- Invoke the integration flow deployed in the ESB. The message flow traces will now get published to Jaeger.
Now, let's analyze message traces generated from the ESB using the Jaeger UI:
- Open the Jaeger UI from the following URL: http://localhost:16686
- Under Search, select wso2-synapse as the Service, and click Find Traces.
- Traces that belong to WSO2 Synapse message flows will be listed down, as shown below.
- Click on a trace for a detailed view.