- Download the sample from the following SVN location.
- Start the Identity Server and log in to the management console.
- Navigate to the Main tab and click on Add under Service Providers.
- Enter a name for the service provider and expand the Inbound Authentication and Configuration section.
- Expand the OAuth/OpenID Connect Configuration section and configure it with the following callback URL format: [server-url]/callback.aspx. Click Add.
For more information on configuring OAuth/OpenID Connect, see Configuring OAuth2-OpenID Connect Single-Sign-On.
- Take note of the client key and client secret that you receive.
- Open the
oidc.slnfile found in the
<SAMPLE_HOME>directory using Visual Studio and run the .NET application.
- Fill in the following fields and click Submit.
- Client Id: <client key of service provider>
- Request URI: http://localhost:50420/callback.aspx
- Response Type: code
- Scope: openid
- Sign in using admin/admin credentials and then select Approve or Approve Always.
- You will be redirected to the callback page along with the OAuth code. Fill in the following fields and click Submit to retrieve the token details.
- Client Id: <client key of the service provider>
- Secret: <client secret of the service provider>
- Grant Type: authorization_code
- Request URI:
It does a REST call to the token endpoint and retrieve the token details. Since it does a server to server call, you need to import the IS server certificate and export it to Visual Studio Management Console to avoid SSL handshake exceptions.
- Once the REST call succeeds, you can see the token details with the base64 decoded JWT (ID Token) details.