API Manager admins can add new throttling tiers through the Management Console as described in the instructions below:
1. Log in to the API Manager's Management Console and select "Browse" under "Resources" menu.
2. Select the file: /_system/governance/apimgt/applicationdata/tiers.xml.
3. In the "Contents" panel, Click "Edit as text" link and throttling policy should open up bellow.
4. You can add a new policy configuration by editing the XML code. As an example, we have added a new tier called "Platinum" by including the following XML code block soon after the '<throttle:MediatorThrottleAssertion>' tag :
The file looks as follows after the addition:
5. Click on the "Save Content" button. Now your new throttling policy ('Platinum') is successfully saved in the Repository used by WSO2 API Manager. You can view this new throttle tier available for selection when creating a new API through the API Publisher. For more information, refer to section Creating an API .