Follow the instructions below to install API Manager on Solaris.
Installing the required applications
- Establish a SSH connection to the Solaris machine or log in on the text console.
- Be sure your system meets the Installation Prerequisites.
Installing the API Manager
- Download the latest version of the API Manager as described in Downloading.
Extract the archive file to a dedicated directory for the API Manager, which will hereafter be referred to as
Setting up JAVA_HOME
You must set your
JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the directory where the Java Development Kit (JDK) is installed on the computer.
- In your home directory, open the BASHRC file in your favorite text editor, such as vi, emacs, pico, or mcedit.
Assuming you have JDK 1.6.0_25 in your system, add the following two lines at the bottom of the file, replacing
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_25with the actual directory where the JDK is installed.
The file should now look like this:
Save the file.
- To verify that the
JAVA_HOMEvariable is set correctly, execute the following command:
- The system returns the JDK installation path.
Setting system properties
If you need to set additional system properties when the server starts, you can take the following approaches:
- Set the properties from a script: Setting your system properties in the startup script is ideal, because it ensures that you set the properties every time you start the server. To avoid having to modify the script each time you upgrade, the best approach is to create your own startup script that wraps the WSO2 startup script and adds the properties you want to set, rather than editing the WSO2 startup script directly.
- Set the properties from an external registry: If you want to access properties from an external registry, you could create Java code that reads the properties at runtime from that registry. Be sure to store sensitive data such as username and password to connect to the registry in a properties file instead of in the Java code and secure the properties file with the secure vault.