This sample demonstrates how to use the BRS for a simple greetings service.
Before executing this sample, it is recommended that you refer Exposing Rules as Services which explains in detail the process of writing and deploying a business rule.
To run this sample:
- Windows, Linux or Solaris operating system should exist.
- WSO2 BRS should be installed. To install the BRS, refer Installing the Product. This also includes installing Apache Ant as one of the Installation Prerequisites.
- WSO2 BRS should be started as described in Running the Product.
Sample Rule Definition
Rule 1 : If the time is between 12 and 18, say good afternoon.
Rule 2 : If the time is between 6 and 12, say good morning.
Rule 3 : If the time is between 18 and 24, say good night.
There is a fact named
A user logged in into the system.
GreetingMessage is used to present the result of the rule execution.
Rule Service Configuration (service.rsl)
An in-line rule set is used within the service.rsl file as follows.
Executing the sample
To execute the sample, run the
ant command from the
<BRS_Home>/samples/greeting.service directory to run the Greetings Service.
Deploying the sample
- Deploy the rule service through the BRS management console. You can follow either of the two methods:
- Bundle all artifacts in an .aar file and upload it (Rule Service -> Upload menu).
- Create using the Rule Service wizard UI (Rule Service -> Create menu).
The above steps are discussed in detail in section Exposing Rules as Services.
- After deployment, click on List under Services in the main tab of the management console. The service will appear in the Deployed Services page.
- Click Greeting Service to access the dashboard of the service.
- Click Try this service in the Client Operations widget of the dashboard to invoke the Try-it tool.
Issue a request similar to the following in the Try the GreetingService service window.
Alternatively, you can click Generate Client in the Client Operations widget of the dashboard to invoke the service. A client using generated stub codes is shown below where the codes were generated with the Unpacks the databinding classes check box cleared.