Template endpoint is the artifact that makes a template of endpoint type into a concrete endpoint. In other words, an endpoint template would be useless without a template endpoint referring to it.
Follow the instruction below to add a new endpoint template.
1. Sign In. Enter your user name and password to log on to the ESB Management Console.
2. Select the "Main" tab to access the "Manage" menu.
3. Click the "Templates" link to access the "Templates" page.
4. On the "Templates" page, click the "Add Endpoint Template" link.
5. The "Add Endpoint Templates" page appears. Select the endpoint type.
Currently the following three types are supported (See their description following the appropriate links):
6. Once setting up the options, add necessary parameters and properties. See the detailed information about its fields below.
7. Click the "Save" or the "Save As" button to add the template.
7. The "Save As" button allows to save the template in Governance Registry or Configuration Registry. Choose the necessary one.
8. Click "Save."
Endpoint Template Parameters
WSO2 ESB allows to add parameters to endpoint templates.
1. Click on "Add Parameter" button, a page will appear with a parameter table.
2. Enter the parameter name.
The parameter name can be accessed within different attributes of the endpoint template you are currently editing. Parameters are accessed with
$ prefix. For endpoint templates there are two inbuilt parameters
uri which can be accessed with
$uri. The example below shows, how to access parameters
p2 for template attributes
suspend error codes and
suspend duration respectively.
Endpoint Template Property
You can add property to an endpoint template.
1. Click "Add Property."
2. Fill in the necessary fields.
The following options are available:
- Name - The Endpoint properties name.
- Value - The Endpoint properties value.
- Scope- Can be selected as:
- Delete - Allows to delete a property.
XML Configuration of an Endpoint Template
1. Click "switch to source view" to view the XML of the particular endpoint template.
2. In the appeared window, you can see the XML of the endpoint template.
If you are familiar with the synapse configuration language, you can edit the XML directly and save the configuration using this view.