WSO2 Identity Server's STS is used as the WS-Trust implementation. The STS is capable of issuing SAML 1.1 and 2.0 security tokens and has a SOAP/XML API for token issuance. This API can be secured with the
UserNameToken or with any other WS-Security mechanism.
STS is configured under the Resident Identity Provider section of the Identity Server management console. Use the following step to do the configurations.
- Configure the Resident Identity Provider. See here for more detailed information on how to do this.
- In the Resident Identity Provider page, expand the Inbound Authentication Configuration section along with the WS-Trust/WS-Federation(Passive) Configuration section.
- Click Apply Security Policy.
- Select Yes in the Enable Security? dropdown and select UsernameToken under the Basic Scenarios section.
- Click Next.
- In the resulting page, select the admin checkbox and click Finish.
- Click Ok on the confirmation dialog window that appears and click Update to complete the process.