Prior to installing any WSO2 Carbon based product, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
- ~ 2 GB minimum
- ~ 512 MB heap size. This is generally sufficient to process typical SOAP messages but the requirements vary with larger message sizes and the number of messages processed concurrently.
- ~ 500 MB for a fresh installation pack, excluding space allocated for log files and databases.
Operating Systems / Databases
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.6.*/1.7.* compliant.
- All WSO2 Carbon-based products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Environments Tested with WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the API Manager and its samples or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
1.6.27 or later / 1.7.*
Apache ActiveMQ JMS Provider
- To enable the product's JMS transport and try out JMS samples. The ActiveMQ client libraries must be installed in the product's classpath before you can enable the JMS transport.
5.5.0 or later
If you use any other JMS provider (e.g., Apache Qpid), install any necessary libraries and/or components.
1.7.0 or later
|SVN Client|| |
- To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required). If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
NOTE: On Windows Server 2003, you must not go below the medium security level in Internet Explorer 6.x.
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: