Follow the instructions below to set up the OpenEdge.
Setup Database And The Database User
1. Download and install OpenEdge on you computer if it is not already done.
2. Go to the
<OE-installation-directory>/bin folder and use the
proenv script to setup the environment variables. After doing that, add the
<OE-insallation-directory>/java/prosp.jar to the
CLASSPATH environment variable.
3. Create an empty database using the
prodb script. This script creates a database by copying an existing database provided with the installation.
4. Start the database using the
proserve script. Provide the database name and a port as arguments to this script using the
5. Use the
sqlexp script to start the default SQL explorer that comes with the OpenEdge installation. Connect to the database that was created previously by using the
6. Now use the following commands to create a user and grant the permissions to the database.
7. Now log out from the SQL explorer by typing "exit."
Setup Configuration Files
1. Edit the default database configuration defined in the
master-datasources.xml file located at
$CARBON_HOME/repository/conf/datasources directory as below. Both the database configurations in
user-mgt.xml refer this data source.
You have to replace these settings with your custom values.
The database configuration options.
- url - The URL of the database.
- username - The name of the database user.
- password - The password of the database user.
- driverName - The class name of the database driver.
- maxActive - The maximum number of active connections that can be allocated from this pool at the same time or negative for no limit.
- maxWait - The maximum number of milliseconds that the pool will wait (when there are no available connections) for a connection to be returned before throwing an exception or <= 0 to wait indefinitely.
- minIdle - The minimum number of active connections that can remain idle in the pool, without extra ones being created, or 0 to create none.
Please note that we do not support running User Manager on OpenEdge in this release.
<OE-insallation-directory>/java/openedge.jar to the
$CARBON_HOME/repository/components/lib directory. Here
$CARBON_HOME refers to the directory where you run the WSO2 SS instance.
Automatic Database Creation
1. Next at the first time you start the server, run with the -Dsetup option. It will create all the tables in a given OpenEdge database.
2. WSO2 SS is configured to run with the OpenEdge database.
Manual Database Creation
1. For creating the tables manually, the OpenEdge script provided with the SS have to be modified.
Make a backup of the
$CARBON_HOME/dbscripts/openedge.sql under the name of
2. Replace all the "/" symbols in the
openedge_manual.sql script with the ";" symbol.
3. At the end of the
openedge_manual.sql script, add the following line and save the script.
4. Run the modified script using the SQL explorer.
5. Start the server.