What's new in this release
WSO2 Message Broker version 3.0.0 is the successor of version 2.2.0. It is based on the Carbon platform version 4.2.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Databases can be configured for storage using different database types. The supported database types are H2-In-memory mode, CQL-based Cassandra, Hector-based Cassandra, MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle.
- If your enterprise already has a JDBC store, the minimum number number of nodes required to set up a WSO2 Message Broker cluster is two. It is no longer required to have nine JVMs for an MB cluster.
- MQTT (Message Queuing and Telemetry Transport), a lightweight, broker-based publish/subscribe messaging protocol allows the queues and topics to be globalised as well as scaled across several instances.
- Less memory consumption.
- New message distribution algorithm for distributed subscribers over a cluster.
- More efficient message delivery when using global queues and topics.
- Error, warning and reporting improvements on the management console.