This sample demonstrates how a model is generated out of a data set using the k-means algorithm. The sample uses a data set to generate a model, which is divided into two sets for training and testing.
Follow the steps below to set up the prerequisites before you start.
- Download WSO2 Machine Learner, and start the server. For information on setting up and running WSO2 ML, see Getting Started.
- Download and install jq (CLI JSON processor). For instructions, see jq Documentation.
- If you are using Mac OS X, download and install GNU stream editor (sed). For instructions, see GNU sed Documentation.
Executing the sample
Follow the steps below to execute the sample.
<ML_HOME>/samples/default/k-means/directory using the CLI.
<ML_HOME>refers to the downloaded
product-mldirectory with the source code of the product.
- Execute the following command to execute the sample: ./
Output of the sample
Once the sample is successfully executed, you can view the summary and the prediction of the model as described below.
By default , the sample generates the model in the
<ML_HOME>/models/ directory of your machine. For example, the generated file is in the following format denoting the date and time when it was generated:
Viewing the model
You can view the summary of the built model using the ML UI as follows.
Log in to the ML UI from your Web browser using
admin/admincredentials and the following URL: https://<ML_HOST>:<ML_PORT>/ml
Click the Projects button as shown below.
- Click MODELS button of the new analysis which you created by executing the sample as shown below.
You view the built new model as shown below.