This guide gives basic requirements to implement and publish connectors in WSO2 Connector Store.
Basic Implementation Requirements
1) Firstly decide on which API you will be writing the connector. This can be one of the following.
- REST-based connectors
- SOAP-based connectors
- Java API-based connectors
Rest based connectors are preferred if the api vendor provides one.
2) For each connector there needs to be a method called init(). Using this method user should be able to manage authentication with the vendor API.
This can be a call to the external API or simple setting the access tokens within ESB context to be used by other methods.
3) We strongly recommend the non-use of GPL or LGPL licensed libraries in the development of connectors. If there is a reason to use these licenses, the reason needs to be provided along with the connector submission. Hosting connectors that use GPL or LGPL licenses on WSO2 Connector Store will be done at the sole discretion of WSO2 and provision of a reason for the use of GPL LGPL licensed libraries does not guarantee hosting such connector/s.
More information on writing connectors can be found with WSO2 ESB Documentation
Integration test coverage
All the methods should be covered with integration test with latest released ESB version. Above is to enforced validity of connector functionality periodically and with new ESB product versions.
More information can be found with WSO2 Test Automation Documentation
Images required for publishing
We require PNG images with following sizes to be used in connector store and developer studio.
Publishing the connector
When connector development is competed create a JIRA under project ESB Connectors and include the following:
- Send the pull request to following GIT Repository:
- If GPL or LGPL licensed connectors are used please include reasons for the use of such libraries.