What's new in this release
WSO2 Private PaaS (PPaaS) version 4.1.0 is the successor of version 4.0.0. It contains the following new features, enhancements and changes:
- Docker support using Google Kubernetes and CoreOS.
- WSO2 Private PaaS is enriched with the integration of the following WSO2 products being provided as cartridges:
- WSO2 API Manager (AM) 1.9.1 - [New]
- WSO2 Application Server (AS) 5.2.1
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS) 3.5.0 [New]
- WSO2 Business Rules Server (BRS) 2.1.0 [New]
- WSO2 Data Analytics Server (DAS) 3.0.0 [New]
- WSO2 Data Services Server (DSS) 3.2.2 [New]
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) 4.8.1
- WSO2 Governance Registry (GREG) 5.0.0 [New]
- WSO2 Identity Server (IS) 5.0.0
- Message Broker (MB) 3.0.0 [New]
- Docker support for the above WSO2 products to run as cartridges on top of PPaaS.
- Composite application support. The following are the main terminologies that has been introduced with composite application support:
- Cartridge groups
- Application deployment policies
- Dependent scaling
- Group scaling
- Startup order
- Termination behavior
- Metadata service
- Auto-scaling Docker Containers.
- Manual scaling Docker Containers.
- Git based artifact deployment for Docker.
- CLI support for Docker deployments.
- Python Cartridge Agent
- Private Docker registry.
- Support for updating artifacts at runtime.
- MQTT support for the Python Cartridge Agent (PCA).
- Java2WSDL plugin
- Stratos Mock IaaS.
PPaaS 4.1.0 is compatible with WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 products. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For a list of known issues, see
Fixed and known issues
This release includes several improvements and bug fixes. For a complete list of the fixed, see WSO2 PPaaS 4.1.0 - Fixed Issues.