What's new in this release
WSO2 Private PaaS (PPaaS) version 4.1.0 is the successor of version 4.0.0, and is based on Apache Stratos 4.1.4. It contains the following new features, enhancements and changes:
- Docker support using Google Kubernetes and CoreOS.
- Following cartridges are available for Private PaaS 4.1.0 in the WSO2 Store:
- WSO2 API Manager (AM) 1.9.1 - [New]
- WSO2 Application Server (AS) 5.2.1
- WSO2 Business Process Server (BPS) 3.5.0 [New]
- WSO2 Business Rules Server (BRS) 2.1.0 [New]
- WSO2 Data Analytics Server (DAS) 3.0.0 [New]
- WSO2 Data Services Server (DSS) 3.2.2 [New]
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) 4.8.1
- WSO2 Governance Registry (GREG) 5.0.0 [New]
- WSO2 Identity Server (IS) 5.0.0
- WSO2 Message Broker (MB) 3.0.0 [New]
- Docker support for the above WSO2 products to run as cartridges on top of PPaaS.
- Composite application support. The following are the main terminologies that has been introduced with composite application support:
- Cartridge groups
- Application deployment policies
- Dependent scaling
- Group scaling
- Startup order
- Termination behavior
- Metadata service
- Auto-scaling Docker Containers.
- Manual scaling Docker Containers.
- Git based artifact deployment for Docker.
- CLI support for Docker deployments.
- Python Cartridge Agent
- Private Docker registry.
- Support for updating artifacts at runtime.
- MQTT support for the Python Cartridge Agent (PCA).
- Java2WSDL plugin
- Stratos Mock IaaS.
PPaaS 4.1.0 is compatible with WSO2 Carbon 4.2.0 products. For more information on the products in each Carbon platform release, see the Release Matrix.
For a list of known issues, see
Fixed and known issues
This release includes several improvements and bug fixes. For a complete list of the fixed, see WSO2 PPaaS 4.1.0 - Fixed Issues.