WSO2 Identity Server's passive security token service (Passive STS) is used as the WS-Federation implementation. The Passive STS is capable of issuing SAML 1.1 and 2.0 security tokens.
To request a SAML 2.0 security token, the Request Security Token (RST) should be sent to the passive STS endpoint with the TokenType 'SAMLV2.0' when sending the token request. If there is no RST specified, the WSO2 Identity Server will issue a SAML 1.1 token by default.
Configuring passive STS
- See here for details on adding a service provider.
- Expand the Inbound Authentication Configuration followed by the WS-Federation (Passive) Configuration section and provide the following values. See Configuring WS-Federation (Passive) for more information.
- Passive STS Realm - Provide the same realm name given to the web app you are configuring WS-Federation for.
- Passive STS WReply URL - Provide the URL of the web app you are configuring WS-Federation for. This endpoint URL will handle the token response.
If you want to configure an expiration time for the security token, you need to add the following configuration in the
<IS_HOME>/repository/conf/carbon.xmlfile, under the
Here, the expiration time should be specified in milliseconds.
- Expand the Claim Configuration section and map the relevant claims. See Configuring Claims for a Service Provider for more information.
- Click Update to save changes.