This sample demonstrates how to filter incoming event attributes, and add them to another stream using simple pass-through via an UI event publisher. This sample does not have Siddhi queries since it does not not use any execution plans.
Follow the steps below to set up the prerequisites before starting the configuration.
- Set up the prerequisites required for all samples.
- Navigate to
<CEP_HOME>/samples/utils/output-ui-adapter/directory, and execute the following command:
This copies the
outputui.warfile to the
<CEP_HOME>/sample/artifacts/0071/webapps/directory, to deploy the Web app which is used to test if events are published to the UI of it.
Building the sample
Start the WSO2 CEP server with the sample configuration numbered 0071. For instructions, see Starting sample CEP configurations. This sample configuration does the following.
- Creates a stream with the ID
- Creates an event publisher named
- Loads the events stored in the
<CEP_HOME>/samples/artifacts/0071/eventsimulatorfiles/events.csvfile to the event simulator.
Executing the sample
Follow the steps below to execute the sample.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click Tools, and then click Event Simulator.
- Access the Web app which you deployed in Prerequisites via your Web browser using the following URL: http://localhost:9763/outputuitest/
Enter the following details in the Web app as shown below.
Stream Name: org.wso2.event.sensor.stream
CEP Host: localhost
CEP Port: 9763
Polling Interval: 30
Secure level: UNSECURED
- Click Play on the corresponding event stream as shown below, to send the events in the
<CEP_HOME>/samples/artifacts/0071/eventsimulatorfiles/events.csvfile to the publisher.
You view the output events published from the CEP which are received by the Web app as shown below.