You can use publicly hosted Swagger files to create APIs using WSO2 API Cloud. There are 2 methods to create an API using a Swagger file.
Only Swagger 2.0 file format is supported. If your file is of an earlier version, please upgrade it prior to using it in WSO2 API Cloud.
Designing a new API with a Swagger File
The steps below show how to create an API using a Swagger file.
Log in to the API Cloud and the API Publisher will open automatically. Start creating an API by selecting Design new API and clicking Start Creating.
- In API Definition click Import to import all the associated methods and parameters.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Swagger URL. Paste the URL given below and click Import.
Sample URL : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/master/examples/v2.0/json/petstore-simple.json
The fields above should be automatically filled.
Fill any empty fields with the information in the table below.
Field Sample Value Name PetStoreAPI Context /petstore Version 1.0.0 Visibility Public
- Continue on to the Manage section to edit, save and/or publish the API.
Create a new API using an existing API definition
If you already have an existing API you can use the Swagger definition to replicate it.
- Go to Add New API and select I have an existing API.
- In the dropdown section, select Swagger URL and paste the URL of your hosted Swagger definition.
- Click Start Creating to proceed to the next step. You can also upload a Swagger file instead of the URL.
For more details on creating and publishing APIs on WSO2 API Cloud, see Create and Publish an API.