The following instructions guide you through upgrading from WSO2 Identity Server 5.1.0 to WSO2 Identity Server 5.2.0.
Migrating the embedded LDAP user store
It is not generally recommended to use the embedded LDAP user store that is shipped with WSO2 Identity Server in production setups. However, if migration of the embedded LDAP is required, follow the instructions below to migrate the existing IS 5.1.0 LDAP user store to IS 5.2.0.
- Copy the
- Restart the server to save the changes.
To upgrade the version of WSO2 Identity Server, the user store database should be upgraded. Note that there are no registry schema changes between versions.
In this topic,
<OLD_IS_HOME> is the directory that Identity Server 5.1.0 resides in and
<NEW_IS_HOME> is the directory that Identity Server 5.2.0 resides in.
- Download Identity Server 5.2.0 and unzip it in the
- Take a backup of the existing database used by Identity Server 5.1.0. This backup is necessary in case the migration causes issues in the existing database.
- Make a copy of the
- Copy the following files from the
<NEW_IS_HOME>/repository/conffolder and paste it in the copy of the
<OLD_IS_HOME>/repository/confdirectory in the relevant sub folder:
<NEW_IS_HOME>/repository/conffolder with the modified copy of the
<NEW_IS_HOME>/repository/conf/identity/identity.xmlfile and add the
<PoolSize>tag under the
<SessionDataPersist>tag with the default value as 200, if you have not already done so.
- If you have created tenants in the previous Identity Server copy content in the
- If you have created secondary user stores in the previous Identity Server copy content in the
You can do database migration by using the db scripts and running the respective migration script on your database.
Database migration is only required if you are planning to use any of the following use cases:
- To use the PKCE feature
- To use the workflow feature with DB2 database
- To use manager/worker service URLs which are more than 45 characters long for BPS profiles used in workflows.
- Start the Identity Server 5.2.0 using the appropriate command.