This section describes how to configure the WSO2 ESB's JMS transport with Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ).
The setup instruction here are only applicable for Windows environments since we invoke Microsoft C++ API for MSMQ via JNI invocations.
The msmq: component in WSO2 ESB is a transport for working with MSMQ. This component natively sends and receives directly allocated ByteBuffer instances, allowing access to the JNI layer without memory copying. Using the ByteBuffer created with the method allocateDirect, the native code can directly access the memory. URI format is msmq:msmqQueueName.
Follow the steps below to set up and configure WSO2 ESB with MSMQ.
1. Download axis2-transport-msmq-1.1.0-wso2v6.jar for 64x or 32x, and place that in <ESB_HOME>/repository/components/dropins directory. MSMQ bridging requires JNI invocation, and WSO2 ships two dlls for 64bit and 32bit O/S respectively. Therefore, make sure you download the correct file suitable for your environment.
2. Install Visual C++ 2008 (VC9). It works with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express.
3. Set up MSMQ on a Windows environment. For setup instructions, refer to : .
4. If you haven't already, download and install WSO2 ESB as described in Getting Started .
Setting up the JMS Listener
5. Add the following configuration to <ESB_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xml file.
Setting up the JMS Sender
6. To enable the JMS transport sender, add the following JMS transport listener configuration in <ESB_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xml file.
If you get an error message similar to the following when you start the server after you configure WSO2 ESB's JMS transport with MSMQ, you must check whether the
msvcr100d.dll file is available in the
C:\Windows\System32 directory. If the file is not available, you need to download the file and copy it to the
For details on the JMS configuration parameters used in the code segments above, see JMS Connection Factory Parameters.
You now have instances of MSMQ and WSO2 ESB configured, up and running. Next, refer to section JMS Usecases for implementation details of various JMS use cases.