When your organization creates new account in Salesforce, you might want to create the same account in Microsoft Dynamics CRM as well.
In this guide, we explain how to use the Salesforce REST connector to get details of your new accounts (e.g., Id, name and etc) from Salesforce, use the Microsoft dynamics CRM connector to add that information to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
How the solution works
The following diagram illustrates how the solution works:
- Get the account details from Salesforce using the query operation (poll using scheduled tasks).
- Add the account details to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM using the createEntity operation.
Before you begin, make sure you get credentials from Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Let's get started.
- Go to WSO2 Cloud and sign up if you haven't done so already. The UI guides you through the sign-up process.
- Sign in to WSO2 Cloud and select the Integration Cloud from the list of Clouds that are available.
- The Integration Cloud opens. Click CREATE APPLICATION.
- Click WSO2 ESB Composite Application.
- Select the Local File System option and click Continue.
Give an application name (e.g., SalesforceToMsDynamics) and upload this CAR file.
What is a CAR file? A Composite Application (CAR) is an archive file that has the collection of artifacts that you want to deploy in a WSO2 product instance. These artifacts are usually JAVA-based or XML configurations, designed differently for each product in the WSO2 Carbon platform. You can deploy these artifacts to generate services.
You link to the Salesforce and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM account that you use in this scenario using environment variables. Download this file and change the values of the variables according to your requirements.
Click here to read more information about the environment variables used in this file...