XACML Try allows users to test their policies easily, without creating and sending authorization requests to Identity Server. It is a UI tool through which authorization requests can be created and evaluated against available policies in the system. Users can create simple authorization requests using the web UI of the Try-It feature. By switching to “Create Request Using Editor” mode, it is possible to compose more complex authorization requests.
Prior to creating a basic XACML request for evaluation you need to create a policy.
Follow the instructions below to create a basic XACML request for Evaluation.
- Sign in. Enter your user name and password to log on to the Management Console.
- Click Tools to access the XACML menu.
- Click TryIt.
- Click on the Create Request Using Editor link or the Create Request button.
- Use the "Toggle editor" to create a request in XML. The default elements are as follows:
- Click on the Evaluate With PDP button to complete the process.
See also Evaluating an XACML Policy.