If your production environment already has an instance of WSO2 Identity Server deployed, you can use it as the Key Manager of WSO2 API Manager. Having the IS as the Key Manager is beneficial if you wish to use features specific to the IS (related to authentication/authorization). The sections below describe how to configure different versions of the IS with different versions of the API Manager:
- Configuring the Identity Server 5.1.0 as a Key Manager with API Manager 1.10.0
- Configuring the Identity Server 5.2.0 as a Key Manager with API Manager 2.0.0
- Configuring the Identity Server 5.3.0 as a Key Manager with API Manager 2.1.0
- Configuring the Pre-Packaged Identity Server 5.1.0 with API Manager 1.10.0
- Configuring the Pre-Packaged Identity Server 5.2.0 with API Manager 2.0.0
- Configuring the Pre-Packaged Identity Server 5.3.0 with API Manager 2.1.0
Tip: WSO2 recommends you to use the pre-packaged WSO2 Identity Server with WSO2 API Manager as most of the configurations already exist in the pre-packaged version.
For information on how to cluster older versions of IS and API Manager, see Configuring WSO2 Identity Server as the Key Manager in WSO2 API Manager in the guide for WSO2 products based on Carbon 4.2.0.