If you have a backend with a signed certificate (or a certificate which is not signed by a CA) you need to import it to the client-truststore and restart the server. This feature enables you to upload the backend certificate through API Publisher while creating or editing your API. Follow the steps below to add a new certificate to any endpoint.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the latest WUM update. For more details, see Updating WSO2 Products in the WSO2 Administration Guide.
- If you are an existing user, follow the instructions given below.
Run the scripts inside the
<APIM_WUM_UPDATED_PACK>/dbscripts/apimgtdirectory, according to your preferred database. For instructions on configuring databases, see Set up the database. Verify that the table
AM_CERTIFICATE_METADATAhas been created in your database.
<APIM_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xmlfile. Add the following code under the
If you use a different Trust Store/ Keystore configuration in the
carbon.xmlfiles ,modify the KeyStore and TrustStore location in
<APIM_WUM_UPDATED_PACK>/repository/resources/security/sslprofiles.xmlfile accordingly. The
sslprofiles.xmlfile is configured with the existing client-truststore.jks
This feature currently supports only the the following formats for keystores and certificates.
- Keystore :
- Certificate :
If you need to use a certificate in any other format, you can convert it using a standard tool before uploading.
Adding a certificate
- Log in to the API Publisher. Create a new API or edit an existing API.
- Go to the Implement tab. Click Manage Certificates and click Add New Certificate
Enter the following information and click Upload.
Name Description Alias Enter a name for your certificate. Endpoint Select an endpoint from the dropdown list Certificate Enter the location of your certificate file or click Browse to select through the UI
- The uploaded certificate aliases will be displayed.
- You can repeat from step 2 to add a certificate to the sandbox endpoint.
You add only one certificate per endpoint. Make sure that your certificates have not expired.
Deleting a certificate
To delete a certificate, click the icon adjacent to the certificate, as shown below.