This document is a work in progress.
We highly appreciate our customers, security researchers and our community users for reporting security vulnerabilities to us for making our products and services more secure, and thereby helping to protect the whole community of users. However, to make such a disclosure useful there are several things that need to be taken into account. This document highlights how to disclose a vulnerability responsibly, and as well what should contain in a vulnerability report.
Responsible Disclosure of Vulnerabilities
We recommend only the following ways to report security vulnerabilities to us.
- If you are a security researcher or a community user, then you must only use the [email protected] mailing list.
- If you are a customer of WSO2, then in addition to the above mailing list, you can open a ticket in the Support Portal as well.
[email protected] is a highly confidential maling list visible only to a selected group within WSO2. This includes the Platform Security Team members and Security Champions of product teams, and people holding leadership roles within WSO2. All the vulnerability reports are treated with the highest priority and confidentiality.
What Constitutes a Proper Vulnerability Report
Please use the following template in reporting vulnerabilities:
- Vulnerable WSO2 products(s) and version(s)
- Overview: High-level overview of the issue and
- self-assessed severity
- Description: Include the steps to reproduce
- Impact: Self-assessed impact
- Solution: Any proposed solution