Prior to installing any WSO2 SP, it is necessary to have the appropriate prerequisite software installed on your system. Verify that the computer has the supported operating system and development platforms before starting the installation.
|CPU||You require a minimum of one CPU with 2 cores. |
- ~ 4 GB minimum is recommended.
- ~ 2 GB heap size.
2 GB is the initial heap (-Xms) required for the server startup. The maximum heap size is 4 GB (-Xmx)
- ~ 1 GB minimum (excluding space allocated for log files and databases.)
Operating Systems / Databases
All WSO2 Carbon-based products are Java applications that can be run on any platform that is Oracle JDK 1.8* or OpenJDK 8 compliant.
WSO2 products currently do not support OpenJDK 9+ and Oracle JDK 9+.
All WSO2 products are generally compatible with most common DBMSs. For more information, see Working with Databases.
It is not recommended to use Apache DS in a production environment due to issues with scalability. Instead, it is recommended to use an LDAP like OpenLDAP for user management.
- For environments that WSO2 products are tested with, see Compatibility of WSO2 Products.
- If you have difficulty in setting up any WSO2 product in a specific platform or database, please contact us.
The following applications are required for running the Data Analytics Server and its samples, or for building from the source code. Mandatory installs are marked with *.
Java SE Development Kit (JDK)*
- To launch the product as each product is a Java application.
- To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required).
- To run Apache Ant.
- OpenJDK 8
Oracle JDK 1.8.*
Some updates of JDK 1.8 (for example, JDK1.8.0_151) are affected by a known issue related to GZIP decoding. Until this issue is fixed, we recommend one of the following approaches:
- Use either JDK1.8.0_144 or JDK1.8.0_077 updates. We have verified that these versions are not affected by the known issue.
- Alternatively, you can disable GZIP decoding for your product by following the steps given below. This will ensure that your product is not affected by the known issue.
- Open the
catalina-server.xml file from the
compression parameter (under each of the connector configurations) to false as shown below:
- Restart the server.
|JDBC-compliant Connector for Java||Required as a standardized database driver for Java platforms and development.||1.7.0 or later||MySQL Connectors|
|To compile and run the product samples.|
1.7.0 or later
Required to check out the source from the Git repository.
|1.9.0 or later|
To build the product from the source distribution (both JDK and Apache Maven are required).
If you are installing by downloading and extracting the binary distribution instead of building from the source code, you do not need to install Maven.
You are now ready to install. Click one of the following links for instructions: